ICE CREAM

5.1
MILK ICE CREAMS - JIVARA

Ingredients

  • 360 g
    • Jivara 40%
  • 1346 g Whole UHT milk
  • 86 g Caster sugar
  • 160 g Atomized glucose
  • 40 g Inverted sugar
  • 8 g Stabilizer/emulsifier
Select your mixture’s total weight
For
g

Recipe

Pour the milk into your cooking pot.

Once it is at 75°F (25°C), add the powdered milk.

At 85°F (30°C), add 90% of the sugars (i.e.: the sugar, atomized glucose and inverted sugar) – Keep the remaining 10% to mix with the stabilizer.

At 105°F (40°C), incorporate the cream, egg yolks and chocolates.

To improve your emulsion, pour the hot mixture onto the couverture little by little, and mix it in an electric mixer until it emulsifies completely.

At 115°F (45°C), finish incorporating the ingredients by adding the stabilizer and emulsifier mixture which has been added to approx. 10% of the sugar.

Pasteurize at 185°F (85°C) for 2 minutes then quickly cool the mixture to 40°F (4°C).

If possible, homogenize the mixture to make any fat crystals as tiny as possible.

Leave the mixture to sit for at least 12 hours.

Mix in an electric mixer and churn at between 15-20°F (-6°C to -10°C).

Freeze at -20°F (-30°C). Store in the freezer at 0°F (-18°C).